Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a large recipe for salmon patties. It feed my family of 6 (including 1 teenage boy) with leftovers. My husband and I like them with a little lemon juice, my teenager likes them with honey mustard, my little ones like them with ketchup. They are a family pleaser. I serve this with broccoli casserole and a nice big salad.
- In a bowl, mix the salmon and crushed butter crackers well. ( I leave the bones in the salmon and crush them up with my fingers. They are undetectable that way, and they are a great source of calcium.).
- In a seperate bowl, beat the eggs, and then beat in the milk and dry ranch dressing mix.
- Mix the egg mixture with the salmon mixture.
- Form into 12 patties.
- Patties should be moist but firm. If they are too dry, add more milk, if they are too moist, add more crackers.
- Cook in a preheated skillet with your choice of oil or non stick spray( I use Smart Balance oil, but non stick spray works well too, just doesn't get the crustiness that the oil does.) until brown on both sides, until golden brown. That is usually about 5-6 minutes on each side. I fry about 6 at a time.
- Serve hot!