Recipe by r_mess
Nice change from beef or pork, and good for a busy day. I usually serve mine with fried potatoes and peas, but I have also served them in a bun as a sandwich.
- 1 (15 ounce) can salmon
- 1 egg
- 10 -14 saltine crackers, crushed (not too fine)
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain salmon and remove skin and bones.
- Add egg, cracker crumbs, milk, salt and pepper to salmon and mix well.
- Press salmon mixture into 4 equal patties. (I find the firmer the better. A hamburger press works very good for this.).
- Heat oil in a fry pan over meduim heat. When oil has been heated add butter and let it melt.
- When butter has melted add patties to the pan and fry 5 to 7 minutes per side.