Recipe by Jenny Sanders
A delightful party treat. I have also made this using a chunk of smoked salmon, which is a nice twist on the original.
Top Review by p_jandrews
Great and simple recipe. You can substitute 2 TBSP dried chives and 2 TBSP dried dill (soaked in minimum water if fresh not available). Processing can be done in the cooking pot with a kitchen wizz blender stick to reduce washing up
- 1 lb fresh salmon steak
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup fish stock (acquired by cooking the salmon)
- 2 tablespoons gelatin (env.)
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced chives
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- freshly cracked pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Poach the salmon with the bay leaf in 1 1/2 cups water.
- When firm, drain and keep the stock.
- Discard the bay leaf and any skin and bones, and flake the salmon.
- Soak the gelatine in 1/4 cup of the cooled salmon stock.
- Heat the remaining stock and stir into the gelatine until dissolved.
- Put the stock, the salmon, the mayonnaise, lemon juice and seasonings into a food processor and whizz well.
- Pour into a lightly oiled 8" x 4" loaf pan.
- Chill until set.
- Unmold and garnish with a few fronds of dill.