Recipe by Ppaperdoll
From Delicious magazine, UK. This is a freeze ahead recipe. If you want to cook it straight away, prepare it up to step 4, but just cook the parcels for 15 minutes. Remember to cover the filo with a clean, damp tea towel while making the pies as it dries out quickly. This is good with stir-fried veggies!
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 lime, zest of
- 3 -4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 12 sheets fresh phyllo pastry
- 4 (125 g) salmon fillets, skin removed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix half the butter with the curry paste, lime zest, and coriander. Season, wrap in cling film, and shape into a log. Chill in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Melt the remaining butter in a small pan over a low heat. Trim the filo to rectangles about 18X26cm. Brush 1 rectangle with butter. Top with another rectange, brush with butter, and finish with a 3rd layer of filo.
- Place a salmon fillet, skinned side down, in the center of each filo pile. Cut the Thai butter into pieces and put 2 along each fillet. Bring up 2 edges of pastry over the salmon to enclose. Brush the open ends with butter, and fold up and over to seal. Put on a baking sheet and brush with butter.
- Freeze on baking sheet for 2 hours. Store in freezer bag for up to 2 months.
- To cook from frozen, preheat oven to 200 degrees C, and heat a baking sheet. Once sheet is hot, put the frozen salmon pastries on the sheet and cook for 25 minutes until golden.