Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
6 points plus /serving. We really liked this simple dish. Original recipe called for wild salmon but I buy the salmon that is the cheapest, so it is very doubtful I used wild salmon but I did hear it was better for you. Recipe source: WW Taster than Take out cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut, shredded
- ginger, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 cup canned tomato (fire-roasted, chopped)
- 1 cup chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 1 cup coconut milk, reduced fat
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (I used splenda brown sugar blend)
- 3⁄4 lb salmon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a blender or food processor (I used a blender) combine the first 3 ingredients (coconut - garlic) and pulse to a paste.
- In a large skillet over medium heat heat the oil and then add the mustard seeds, cook for one minute or until the seeds pop. Stir in coconut mixture and cook stirring one more minute.
- Stir in next 4 ingredients (tomatoes - sugar) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salmon and bell pepper and simmer until salmon is cooked ((2-5 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.