Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Land O Lakes.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange rind
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic pepper seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat gas grill on medium-high or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
- Combine butter, orange juice, basil and orange peel in small bowl; reserve 2 tablespoons butter mixture. Brush remaining butter mixture onto fish; sprinkle with garlic pepper.
- Place fish onto grill. Grill, turning once, until fish reaches at least 145* or edges flake easily with fork (10 to 12 minutes).
- To serve, drizzle fish with reserved butter mixture. Sprinkle with almonds and basil leaves if desired.
Quick, easy, delish. I baked at 375 for 20 min and used grapefruit instead of orange because that's what I had and it turned out great.
I got this recipe from Saveur magazine, and it is fantastic! Everything was the same except the cooking method was broiling, and you can substitute 3/4 tsp dried basil for the fresh if you want. I made it for my wife's birthday dinner, and she was ecstatic. The Basil-Orange butter is a pretty delicate, yet flavorful companion to the Salmon. Everyone liked it so much, I also used it with a baked Tilapia. Also excellent. But the heartiness of the Salmon coupled with the "freshness" of the glaze is beyond compare. To top it all off, it is fast and easy.