Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This looks fancy like you really worked hard but it is easy cause you buy the puff pastry!!! You can even buy the bernaise sauce (knorr) makes a great one!
- 1⁄2 package puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 (5 ounce) package Baby Spinach
- 2 skinless salmon fillet
- 1⁄2 lb sauted mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup bearnaise sauce (Bearnaise Sauce)
- 1 beaten egg
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll pastry on floured surface to 1/8 inch.
- Place 1/2 the spinach on pastry lenght wise and top with salmon, mushrooms and 1/4 cup bernaise sauce then top with remaining baby spinach.
- Roll up like a cinnamon roll, folding in the sides to seal completely.
- Brush with egg.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Serve with warm bernaise sauce.
The flavors are good. The bottom pastry was soggy. If we try again, we'll use a grate inside a cookie sheet so heat can crisp the bottom too... hopefully. I wonder about cooking the spinach first, to get the liquid out before it gets wrapped in pastry. Also, the vague ingredient descriptions require a bit of experience in the kitchen. i.e. how big is a salmon filet? 1/2 a box of pastry sheets? No photo makes it hard to imagine en croute rolled like a cinnamon roll. So, does it look like a pinwheel when you're done?
I really liked the filling in this recipe. And it was so easy to make! I could not find Bearnaise Sauce so I used a Lemon Dill sauce by Knorr and it worked well. The one problem I had was with the crust. Although it was golden and flakey on the outside, it seemed a bit undercooked on the inside. If anyone has any suggestions on how to remedy this, I will gladly try this recipe again.
Very easy,and very effective. Tasted great cold the next day as well!