Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
An Indian friend of mine served this at a party and I thought it was so gorgeous that I had to get the recipe!
- Chop onions and garlic.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onions and fry at medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the spices to the onions.
- Mix well and leave to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and the coconut milk.
- Season the sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 10 minutes before the end, fry the salmon cutlets in a separate fry pan until slightly golden Season the salmon.
- Serve with the sauce and basmati rice.
Delicious. And easy. Draining the tomatoes before adding them will add body to the sauce. Save the liquid in case you want to thin it afterwards.
Wonderful, easy Indian dish. Definitely my favorite salmon dish ever. I like that it balances the fishy flavor. Next time I'll add more garlic. I love that it makes a lot of sauce so you can freeze half for future flash-fast meals. I'm using the leftover sauce with garbanzo beans and 10minute Brown rice tonight. What a winner, thanks!
Very good. Made it just as stated. Found the sauce a little bit too thin even though I cooked with the lid on for ten minutes and the rest of the time without lid. Maybe cooking the whole time without covering would be better (for us). This indeed makes a lot of sauce and I froze some of it and can report that it freezes well. The sauce goes very well with fish and I have also used it with chicken. Very pleased I made it. Thanks for posting.