Recipe by Dib's
If you're a salmon lover I have it on good authority that you will enjoy this recipe!
Top Review by I Cook Therefore I Am
Amazingly tasty and filling soup that my DH and I just loved! I used vegetable brother instead of chicken broth, I used about a half cup of heavy cream in place of the milk (because I had it but didn't have evaporated milk) and I baked a 6oz salmon filet until it was done, flaked it, and stirred it in instead of the canned stuff. This was just wonderful, and something that I will be making again. Thank you so much for sharing!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups diced yukon gold potatoes
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 cups fish or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 (16 ounce) can salmon, drained skin and bones removed
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 lb American cheese, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saaucepan over mediun heat melt the butter and saute the onions, celery and garlic powder until onions are just translucent.
- Stir in the potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, pepper and dill.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in evaporated milk, corn and cheese.
- Heat and stir until cheese melts.
- Stir in salmon to heat through.