Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A savory centerpiece for your holiday cocktail buffet. You can make this the day before your big event in order to make your life just a little bit easier. Preparation time does not include 5 hours chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup fine pumpernickel breadcrumbs (about 1 slice)
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 ounces sliced smoked salmon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup chopped scallion
- parsley (to garnish)
- salmon caviar (to garnish) (optional)
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Generously butter 9-inch springform pan; sprinkle with crumbs, rotating pan to distribute evenly. Place on 14-inch sheet of foil; press foil up around pan.
- Beat cream cheese with eggs, cream, and pepper in large bowl at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until very smooth, about 5 minutes. Fold in salmon and scallions; spoon into prepared pan.
- Place foil-covered springform in larger pan filled with 1/2-inch hot water.
- Bake 2 hours. Turn off oven. Let cake rest in closed oven 1 hour; transfer to rack 1 hour. Remove foil and chill covered 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove sides of springform and garnish cheesecake with parsley and salmon caviar if desired.