Recipe by mamadelogan
This is a quick and healthy meal that can be made for lunch or dinner.I like to serve this with my roasted corn and black bean salad for a light and tasty meal.
- 1 lime (juice of)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (may use fat free to reduce calories)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (may use fat free to reduce calories)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans boneless skinless pink salmon, packed in water, drained and flaked
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 thinly sliced green green onions with top
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (fresh and chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (unseasoned and divided)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (may use fat free to reduce calories)
- 1 egg (may use just white part to reduce calories)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the sauce:.
- Combine in small bowl juice of lime, mayonnaise and sour cream; mix well. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For salmon cakes:.
- Drain salmon using a small colander bowl and flake using a pastry blender or fork. Add salmon to a bowl and add remaining ingredients (use only 1/2 cup of bread crumbs); mix well to combine.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of bread crumbs onto bottom of a shallow dish or plate. Scoop salmon mixture into balls ( I use a 2tb scoop) and flatten into bread crumbs coating booth sides evenly. Use more bread crumbs if necessary to coat salmon cakes.
- Heat 1-2 tb of olive oil in skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook salmon cakes until golden brown, carefully turning once.