A la Carte's Note:
This is from Eating Well magazing. I haven't made it yet, but I ripped out the recipe and now need to get it on here b4 I lose it! I plan to try it sometime soon. The recipe sez that cutting the salmon into small pieces by hand will take time, but it will be worth it. Remember to leave time to chill these before cooking (20 minutes to 2 hours).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb wild salmon, skinned
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
For the sauce
- 1With a chef's knife, chop the salmon using quick, even, straight up and down motions (don't rock the knife or you will make the salmon mushy). Try to cut the salmon into 1/4" pieces.
- 2Transfer to a large bowl and gently stir in the onion, cilantro, ginger, salt and pepper, being careful not to over mix.
- 3Divide the mixture into 4 patties, about 1" thick.
- 4Chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours before cooking.
- 5Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the burgers and cook until brown on both sides, and just cooked through (about 4-6 minutes total).
- 6FOR THE SAUCE:.
- 7Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- 8Serve 2 tbsp of the sauce with the salmon burgers.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Burgers W/Green Goddess Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.0
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 120.6 mg
- Sodium 831.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 52.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: