Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from Eating Well magazing. I haven't made it yet, but I ripped out the recipe and now need to get it on here b4 I lose it! I plan to try it sometime soon. The recipe sez that cutting the salmon into small pieces by hand will take time, but it will be worth it. Remember to leave time to chill these before cooking (20 minutes to 2 hours).
- 1 lb wild salmon, skinned
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
For the sauce
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- fresh ground pepper
- With a chef's knife, chop the salmon using quick, even, straight up and down motions (don't rock the knife or you will make the salmon mushy). Try to cut the salmon into 1/4" pieces.
- Transfer to a large bowl and gently stir in the onion, cilantro, ginger, salt and pepper, being careful not to over mix.
- Divide the mixture into 4 patties, about 1" thick.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours before cooking.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the burgers and cook until brown on both sides, and just cooked through (about 4-6 minutes total).
- FOR THE SAUCE:.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Serve 2 tbsp of the sauce with the salmon burgers.
These were fantastic! The only thing we did differently was to omit the anchovy. Thanks for a great light summer supper!