1/7 Photos of Salmon Burgers
The recipe was adapted from a recipe that I found in Best of the Best from Alaska Cookbook. These are really good and can be served with tartar sauce on the side or on a whole wheat bun.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can alaska pink salmon
- 1/2 cup egg substitute or 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 -5 wheat hamburger buns
- 1Drain the salmon, reserving the liquid.
- 2Flake salmon and remove any skin or bones.
- 3Combine the salmon, egg substitute, onion, peppers, lemon peel, oat bran, lemon juice and seasonings.
- 4Mix well and add milk with enough resered liquid to make moist patties that hold together well.
- 5Form into 4 to 5 patties and pan-fry in a lightly oiled skillet for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned; turning halway through the cooking time.
- 6These can be served on whole-wheat hamburger buns with your choice of toppings.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.0
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 277.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 26.4 g