Recipe by PaulaG
The recipe was adapted from a recipe that I found in Best of the Best from Alaska Cookbook. These are really good and can be served with tartar sauce on the side or on a whole wheat bun.
Top Review by BrendaThurston67
These were great! I made substituting the oat bran for oatmeal. I fine chopped them in the blender before adding them to the mix. Worked well. Loved these burgers and will have again. I like the fact they are fairly healthy and they really taste great! Thanks for this recipe Paula!
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canalaska pink salmon
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute or 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 -5 wheat hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the salmon, reserving the liquid.
- Flake salmon and remove any skin or bones.
- Combine the salmon, egg substitute, onion, peppers, lemon peel, oat bran, lemon juice and seasonings.
- Mix well and add milk with enough resered liquid to make moist patties that hold together well.
- Form into 4 to 5 patties and pan-fry in a lightly oiled skillet for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned; turning halway through the cooking time.
- These can be served on whole-wheat hamburger buns with your choice of toppings.