Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon, skin removed (pink or red)
- 1 medium potato, baked or boiled,peeled
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons horseradish or 2 tablespoons wasabi (Japanese horseradish)
- Mash salmon and potato; mix in soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Sprinkle with cracked black pepper on one side.
- Spray with olive or canola oil and grill on each side about 4 minutes.
- Serve on whole-wheat buns with Asian Sauce and raw shredded cabbage.
- Asian Sauce: mix all together.
We were pleasantly surprised by this Asian style salmon burger. Neither of us are big salmon eaters, but I thought this looked interesting. We liked it a lot and will definitely make it again. I love the ginger and soy sauce in it. For the Asian Sauce I used only 1T. of wasabi, and next time would even cut that way back. It was too strong for our taste and overpowered the salmon burger, in our opinion. We both thought they were just great plain, with no sauce, so that's probably what we'll do most of the time. DH had his on whole wheat bread, but I had mine on my plate garnished with cabbage, and ate it with a fork. Yum. Thanks for the healthy recipe, Dancer^! It was easy, went together quickly, and made a great weeknight meal, along with green beans.
Just OK. A little bland in taste. If I made this again, I would add some flavor to the burger. THe wasabi gives it a kick but not enough flavor. But, considering how easy it is to make, it is worth a try.