Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
Tuna or other cooked white fish may be substituted. Very very tasty and easy to prepare.
Top Review by spock74
I really liked these. I wish I had read the other reviews first, as I might have added more binder. I did firm them up in the fridge first, but they still fell apart when cooking. Served them with tartar and a remoulade sauce, which I preferred. I also ended up using a mixture of salmon and tuna, and I think next time I'd use all salmon. I think with a few tweaks it could be a 5-star recipe!
- 440 g crushed pineapple, and drained
- 285 g canned salmon, drained
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 potato, cooked and mashed
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place fish, coriander, garlic, ginger, sugar, lemon rind and curry paste in bowl. Mix well.
- Stir through pineapple, egg and potato.
- Mould into cakes and refrigerate until firm.
- Heat oil in pan and fry until golden brown.
- Serve with salad and sweet chilli sauce.