Recipe by Mary Pribyl
The older the banana, the better the bread will be! Even if they're almost fully black, they're perfect for this! I make this as muffins as well. I think they taste the same, Chris likes it in bread form better. If you make the muffins, you can freeze individual muffins for the future :)
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs, sugar, and bananas until fluffy (5 min).
- Add 3 T of milk and continue beating 1 minute.
- Combine flour, salt, soda, and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients slowly to mixture until blended.
- Melt butter in microwave and add to mixture. Blend.
- Add vanilla, chocolate chips and NUTS.
- Bake 350 for 60-65 minutes. Check with a toothpick. Cooking times are much shorter with muffins. Check after 20-25 minutes and they should be done.