Sallie's Hamburger Casserole
- Brown beef and drain well.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, sugar and tomato sauce, stirring well. Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Cook egg noodles and drain.
- To the noodles add the sour cream, cottage cheese and onion - mix well.
- In a greased 13 x 9 inch pan, alternately layer the beef mixture with the noodle mixture, starting and ending with the beef mixture.
- Cover with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, uncovered.