Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I jotted this recipe down while watching Food Network...I don't know if it is exact but I make it all the time and it turns out great! It is a great comfort food served with mashed potatoes and garlickly green beans.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning (I use Montreal Steak spice)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- salt and pepper
- Gently combine ground beef, worchestershire sauce, steak spice and onion - be careful not to overwork the meat mixture.
- Shape the meat into oval patties, not too thin.
- At medium to high heat, fry the meat patties approximately 6 mins on each side - turn only once.
- Remove the cooked patties to a platter and cover with tin foil to keep them warm.
- Add butter to the same pan and melt.
- Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper to the pan, saute until nice a golden brown (approx. 3-5 mins).
- Sprinkly the flour over the mushrooms and cook for 1-2 mins until flour has absorbed the butter (sometimes I added a little bit more butter at this stage).
- Whisk in the beef stock and cook until thickened. Check for seasoning.
- Serve gravy over the meat patties.
I loved the recipe and found it to be incredibly fast and easy!!! I did tweak it by adding a couple dashes of Marsala, but that was just me....sorry Rachael.