1/2 Photos of Salisbury Steak
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe originated from a Cambell's Soup recipe for Salisbury Steak, but it has been modified from the original. LOL! I can never remember not to add the water into the soup mixture. It's automatic and I do it before I can stop myself. I have also used cream sherry in place of the burgundy wine. Mainly it depends on what I have on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed French onion soup
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 large sweet onions
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard (dry)
- 1/2 cup water (cool)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Mix beef, bread crumbs, 1-can of French onion soup & egg together thoroughly.
- 2With damp hands, form oval shaped patties about 5" long and about 2.5" wide.
- 3(Forms 6 large salisbury steaks).
- 4In skillet on medium heat, add olive oil and brown patties on top and bottom.
- 5Remove from skillet and discard drippings.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 7Add remaining cans of soup, burgundy wine, Worcestershire sauce, mustard & to skillet, stirring thoroughly.
- 8Add flour to cool water to dissolve it and then stir it into the skillet mixture.
- 9Heat until mixture is steaming.
- 10Slice onions in to rings.
- 11Place patties into a 4-quart baking dish and
- 12layer onions over the steaks.
- 13Then pour soup mixture from skillet over onions and bake covered for 30 minutes or until beef is cooked thoroughly.
- 14Enjoy! Yum.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salisbury Steak
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.3
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 975.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 14.9 g