1/1 Photo of Salisbury Steak
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My family loved my old Salisbury Steak recipe, but due to my husband's cholesterol/blood pressure I had to take a bit of time to revise all my old recipes. Believe it or not, this revision is preferred over my old recipe! I personally like it because it is chock full of vegetables (which cuts the calories and boosts the nutritional value) that my son can't shun!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Finely dice or pulse in food processor the vegetables. If I use the food processor, I squeeze excess liquid from the vegetables after I process them.
- 3Mix ground beef, vegetables, egg whites and 3/4 C bread crumbs together. If the mixture is too soft, add the additional 1/4 C bread crumbs.
- 4Divide meat mixture into 6 balls and shape into patties.
- 5Place patties in 9X13 inch baking dish.
- 6Mix soup with water and pour over patties.
- 7Cover with foil and bake for 90 minutes till done.
- 8After the salisbury steaks are done, sometimes I will transfer the soup mixture to a small pan, whisk in some cornstarch and thicken it to use as gravy.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salisbury Steak
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.6
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 382.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 21.3 g