1/1 Photo of Salade Au Chevre (Goat Cheese Salad)
A salad of mixed greens with chevre croutons and walnut. This serves 4 as a starter course or 2 as a light supper salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 slices baguette
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
- 4 ounces chevre cheese, cut into 8 slices (use the round, log shaped type)
- 2 ounces mesclun
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1Preheat broiler to hot. Put walnuts in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand 1 minute, drain and shake dry. Toast under broiler 3-4 minutes until golden (watch carefully so they don't burn). Sprinkle with sea salt, toss and cool.
- 2Put the baguette slices under broiler and toast one side until lightly golden. Remove and rub toasted side with cut garlic. Allow to cool a few minutes and turn over and place chevre slices on untoasted side. Broil 2 minutes, or until chevre browns slightly.
- 3For the dressing, mix oils, vinegar and garlic together and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Toss the mesclun, onion, and toasted walnuts together. Place on a large platter and top with chevre croutons. Drizzle with the dressing. Serve while croutons are still warm.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salade Au Chevre (Goat Cheese Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.1
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 1385.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: