1/4 Photos of Salad With Radish and Green Onions
Inge 1505's Note:
Small red mild radish are a favorite salad ingredient with many Germans. One of the many salad variations we usually eat. We prefer the mild nutty flavor of a medium-priced walnut oil to the fruity flavor of olive oil, the grainy texture of the country-style mustard and some tang from the vinegar, but feel free to use what you like best. I often sub the onions with 1 tablespoon chives.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 -12 cups salad greens, torn into bite-sized pieces (we like romaine)
- 3/4 cup red radish, cut into 1/16 inch slices
- 1/4 cup green onion, cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 1Put salad greens in a large bowl. Arrange radish and onions on top.
- 2For the dressing mix all ingredients except oil in a small bowl until blended.Stirring constantly with a fork or small whisker add oil gradually until emulsified. Taste. If too sour add a little sugar.
- 3Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
- 4Note: Country-style mustard gets hotter when you prepare the dressing in advance. If you do so, you should consider reducing the amount of mustard used.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salad With Radish and Green Onions
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.7
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 805.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 5.4 g