Brown Toast With Sardines, Lemon and Spring (Green) Onions
photo by Engrossed
- Ready In:
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon spring onion (green onion)
- 1 (120 g) can sardines, in brine, drained and bones removed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Lightly toast bread and spread with butter.
- Sprinkle with onion and top with sardines. Drizzle lemon juice and season with black pepper.
- Place under medium-low grill/broiler 2-3 minutes. (Watch carefully).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an American living in London since I got married in 1994 (except for a brief stint in New Jersey, and then Luxembourg). I work part-time for a national charity and also study social sciences part-time with the Open University. Keeps me busy, but I still find plenty of time to cook and search for 'zaar recipes! Over time my cooking has meshed English and American customs together, especially at holiday time. I make a mean Christmas fruitcake complete with Fondant Icing and marzipan, but I still have a Christmas cookie party for my friends where I introduce (or subject!) them to all my favorite cookie recipes. My husband and two kids will happily eat Shepherd's Pie or Sloppy Joes, cheese and onion or grilled cheese sandwiches. The comparisons go on and on...