Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cold Spring rolls
Make and share this Salad Rolls With Mango and Avocado recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 avocado, halved and sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 English cucumber, julienned
- 1 mango, julienned
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 2 cups rice noodles, fine and soaked
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, toasted and finely chopped
- 10 large rice paper sheets
- fresh coriander
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Thai red chili pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, add garlic and ginger and cook until just beginning to brown.
- Line up avocado, carrot, cucumber, mango, red pepper, rice noodles, cashews and coriander.
- Fill a baking dish or shallow bowl with hot water.
- Line the cutting board with a dry towel.
- Soak a rice paper in water until soft and pliable.
- Lay on towel and pat dry.
- Repeat with second rice paper.
- Along bottom third of the wrapper, line up a small amount of coriander, noodles, mango, red pepper, cucumber, carrot, avocado and cashews.
- Keeping the wrapper taut, tightly roll up into cylinder. Reserve completed roll in damp towel.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients and salad rolls, dividing ingredients equally.
- To serve, cut each roll into 5 pieces, and place, cut side up on serving platter.
- For dipping sauce, in a bowl, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger, chilies, green onion and sugar.