Chicago Mama de 2's Note:
My husband found this recipe in the Chicago Tribune. The crunchy pecans and dressing make the salad work. We loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- oil, for baking sheet
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons corn oil or 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn into bite size (Romaine recommended)
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2To prepare pecans, lightly oil 2 baking sheets. Stir together pecans and maple syrup in small bowl to coat nuts with syrup. Spread pecans in single layer on one of the prepared baking sheets.
- 3Bake about 5 minutes, stirring once, until syrup is bubbling vigorously. Immediately spread glazed pecans in single layer on the other prepared baking sheet. Cool. Nuts will become crisp as they cool.
- 4For salad, in small bowl, whisk together garlic, shallots, salt, pepper, maple syrup, mustard and wine vinegar. Continue whisking while adding oil in a thin stream.
- 5Toss greens in a large bowl with enough dressing to coat evenly.
- 6Sprinkle salad with blue cheese, then the glazed pecans and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salad Greens With Blue Cheese and Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.2
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 369.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 7.3 g