Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Great tasting and moist cake that uses Salad Dressing instead of eggs. Old family recipe!
Make and share this Salad Dressing Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve 2 level teaspoons Baking soda into 1 cup Salad Dressing. (mix well).
- Cream in the following ingredients: 1 cup sugar, 4 tbs. Cocoa, ¼ teaspoons Salt, ½ teaspoons Vanilla.
- Add 1 cup Water.
- Add in 2 cups flour (not level). THIS BATTER WILL BE THIN.
- Mix batter well and pour into a greased pan, bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes until done. Cake will be done when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes our clean.
- Cool completely and frost!
It's nice to rediscover this cake. My Mom made it when I was a kid. Thanks Mkjrdallas!