This is a quick and easy to prepare dessert. I usually always have the ingredients on hand. There are boxed versions of this pudding, but it is traditionally prepared at home. You can add more or less cornstarch if preferred. This dessert is so versatile that it can be served warm or chilled. I love to eat it both ways, when it chills it firms up.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small cup and stir well.
- Add milk to a soup pan or dutch oven pot.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture in milk before it gets warm.
- Add in vanilla and sugar.
- Must stir constantly until it comes to a boil.
- Let boil for 2 minutes, meanwhile still stirring.
- Serve in dessert bowls.
- Top with cinnamon and coconut or just chopped pistachios.
- It's traditionally eaten hot, but I like it cold too, once it cooled off and firmed up.