Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A wonderful dressing to go with the Thankgiving Turkey.
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups day old bread, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium skillet over medium heat cook the sauage,onion,celery,and mushrooms in oil until meat is no longer pink.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients,add sausage mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 11*7*2 baking pan.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Or until light brown.
- Bake at 350.
Took quite a long time to make, and I thought the taste was all right.