- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄8 teaspoon saffron thread
- 3⁄4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 1⁄4 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil and add the saffron. Remove from the heat, cover, and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Return the pan to the heat, bring to a boil, and mix in the olive oil, salt, couscous, and raisins.Remove from the heat, cover, and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Using a fork and your fingertips, fluff the couscous to separate the grains. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Stir in the mint.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.