Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 lbs macaroni, cooked
- 4 lbs shrimp, boiled and peeled
- 24 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups black olives, finely chopped
- 2 cups dill pickles, chopped
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons louisiana hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Cook macaroni, drain, and cool.
- In a large bowl, mix macaroni, shrimp, eggs, onions, celery, olives, and pickles and toss well.
- Make dressing out of mayonnaise, olive oil, hot sauce, lemon juice Worcestershire sauce, and mustard, and ketchup.
- Pour over other ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- You may have to make more dressing if the salad takes it up.
It was good but needed salt. Didn't think it had any really special flavor.
I cut this recipe down to 4 and it made a generous amount so I have no doubt it would feed 30 with the original recipe amounts. I did not use the black olives as I didn't have any but I don't think it made any difference. I also added some chopped red bell pepper for color. I had a bag of cooked, peeled salad shrimp in the freezer so I used those and rather than macaroni, I used small shells I had left over from another recipe. Be sure to let it sit in the frig to meld all the flavors. This is a really good shrimp salad. Thanks for posting.