Leslie in Texas's Note:
This is from the R.S.V.P. section of a November 1987 issue of Bon Appetit. It was requested from Ryan's restaurant in San Francisco and is their most requested recipe. They suggest a number of uses for them, from mini-sandwiches (split and filled with ham) to strawberry shortcakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Sift flour,sugar,baking powder, cream of tartar and salt into medium bowl.
- 3Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 4Add cream and stir just incorporated.
- 5Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead 15 seconds.
- 6Pat dough into 1/2-inch-thick round, using heel of hand.
- 7Cut into rounds using a 1 1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
- 8Pat scraps into disc and cut out additional rounds.
- 9Arrange biscuits on 2 large baking sheets spacing 1 inch apart.
- 10Bake until biscuits have risen and tops are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- 11Transfer to racks; cool slightly.
- 12Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ryan's Rich Cream Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 45.8
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 51.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: