Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a traditional recipe from the central African nations of Rwanda and Burundi.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cooked white beans (canned or homemade)
- salt and pepper
- ground red pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions & garlic. Stir and saute until onions are soft, 3-5 minutes.
- Add beans, salt & pepper to taste, & red pepper to taste; stir, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 7-12 minutes to heat through.
- Serve as a side dish with meat.