Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Moist in the middle, crispy on the outside... simply delicious. My MIL (Ruth) made this for my husband when he was younger; he loved them then and is equally as fond of them now. My son even loves them and he hates fish. This recipe is a great way for my family to get their Omega 3 fatty acids and a nice way to incorporate fish into my weekly menu without a lot of complaints : )
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans red salmon, drained and cleaned (I use Bumble Bee Alaska Sockeye Red Salmon)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 onion, grated
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- breadcrumbs (for dredging)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- oil (for frying)
- Mix salmon, egg, breadcrumbs and lemon juice until well blended.
- Form croquettes, dip into the extra bread crumbs
- Fry croquettes until golden brown on each side.
- Optional: I like to make a dipping sauce with Mayonaise, Chili Garlic Sauce and Ketchup.