Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my mamma's recipe. It has kept us warm on many a rainy and snowy day and helped us through sickness and bad days
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 celery, diced
- 4 cups frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 medium yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Cook the bacon in a large stockpot, remove and sit aside.
- Drain all but one tablespoon of the fat.
- Cook onions, celery and pepper until tender.
- add everything but cream and cheese and bacon and simmer 30 minutes.
- pour cream in and simmer 10 minutes more.
- top with crimbled bacon, cheese.