Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This satisfying bread recipe was found in the 2006 cookbook, Taste of Home Everyday Light Meals.
Make and share this Rustic Round Herb Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poppy seed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F & coat the inside of a 9"round baking pan (or a 9" pie pan) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 1st nine ingredients (from the flour to & including the dill weed), & mix well.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt & milk, then stir this egg mixture into the dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Spoon into the prepared baking pan & sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack before cutting into wedges.
This was a big hit. I ran out of white flour and had to use 1/2 c wheat and I used regular cheese instead of low fat.
Thanks agian Sid!
YUM YUM YUM. I did not use the low fat ingredients but full fat instead. I grabbed Herbs de Provence by mistake Oh well it stil was delicious. Keeper recipe. Made for Zaar Stars Tag