Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This satisfying bread recipe was found in the 2006 cookbook, Taste of Home Everyday Light Meals.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poppy seed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F & coat the inside of a 9"round baking pan (or a 9" pie pan) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 1st nine ingredients (from the flour to & including the dill weed), & mix well.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt & milk, then stir this egg mixture into the dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Spoon into the prepared baking pan & sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack before cutting into wedges.
This was a big hit. I ran out of white flour and had to use 1/2 c wheat and I used regular cheese instead of low fat.
Thanks agian Sid!
YUM YUM YUM. I did not use the low fat ingredients but full fat instead. I grabbed Herbs de Provence by mistake Oh well it stil was delicious. Keeper recipe. Made for Zaar Stars Tag