Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted for ZWT II '06 (German)
Make and share this Rustic Pear Tart With Riesling recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon late-harvest riesling wine or 1 tablespoon other white sweet dessert wine
- 3 large pears, ripe, peeled, cored, thinly sliced (d'Anjou)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup riesling wine
- 2 tablespoons riesling wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- FOR CRUST:
- Blend flour, sugar, and salt in processor until combined. Add butter; using on/off turns, cut in until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add egg yolk and wine; using on/off turns, mix just until moist clumps form. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic and chill at least 40 minutes and up to 2 days.
- FOR FILLING:
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375°F Roll out dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper to 12-inch round. Remove top sheet of parchment and transfer dough, with bottom parchment, to rimmed baking sheet. Place pear slices, 1 tablespoon sugar, and flour in large bowl; toss to combine. Spoon pear mixture into center of dough, leaving 1-1/2-inch border. Using parchment as aid, fold up outer edge of dough over edge of filling. Bake until pears are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil 1 cup wine, 1/2 cup water, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in medium saucepan until syrup is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F Drizzle half of syrup over filling. Continue baking tart until juices are bubbling thickly, about 20 minutes. Cool.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons wine into remaining syrup. Cut tart into wedges. Drizzle with syrup.
- Serve with ice cream.