Recipe by Annacia
Try this when you crave a fast-fix, light pasta. The no-cook tomato sauce marries beautifully with fresh parsley and unexpected raisins and pine nuts.
Top Review by Deantini
Lovely pasta! I found it midway that my feta was moudy. Instead I added boccocini and some freshly grated parmesan (for sharper and saltier flavour). Still the flavours were great. Feta cheese would for sure be the right kind of cheese and I plan to make it again as soon as I get some Feta cheese in the kitchen.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, and
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomato
- 1⁄4 red onion
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olives or 1⁄2 cup green olives, pitted
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley (or dill)
- 1 teaspoon salt, and
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, and
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 0.5 (500 g) package fusilli
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tomatoes in half, then place in a very large bowl.
- Thinly slice onion.
- Coarsely chop olives.
- Add both to tomatoes.
- Drizzle with vinegar and oil.
- Sprinkle with feta,parsley and dried seasonings.
- Stir to evenly mix.
- Let stand at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Add raisins (if using) to boiling pasta water for last minute of cooking.
- Before draining, ladle out 1/4 cup (50 mL) pasta water.
- Drain pasta and raisins, then add to tomatoes and stir.
- If pasta is too dry, stir in some of water. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with pine nuts.