Recipe by JustJanS
My husband Russ has been making this lately when we have odd veg in the fridge. I think he's almost got it right as his one was great. We actually planned to make coleslaw, but the weather turned cold and we had to re-think dinner. This was great with roast chicken. The last time he made this, he used leek instead of onion. Feel free to vary the veg.
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
WOW Russ and Jan these are fabulous! hat a nice way to present the veggies for dinner. The only way this can get better is when the veggies come from my garden and not the store. I will use this recipe regularly. I may try this over the coals wrapped in foil and see how that works. Will keep you posted. Lovely. Made for AUS/NZ Swap 39
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into thin coins
- 1⁄4 small cabbage, shredded finely
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat, Add the vegetables and toss well, then cover until cooked and tender but not mushy (about 8 minutes). Stir every couple of minutes.
- Add the cream and mustard and bring back to a simmer. Cook for a couple of minutes more, then remove from the heat, sprinkle over the parmesan, season to taste, stir then serve.