Prep 1 min
Cook 15 mins
Called Russian Toffee, as the recipe came from a Russian lady. Very easy to make.
- Put milk, butter and sugar into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir constantly (to prevent sticking or burning) and cook gently until it becomes a caramel colour,it usually takes about 15 minutes.
- Pour into greased dish to set.
- When half cold, cut into pieces.
- Eat when completely cooled down.
I have been looking for this recipe for years. I remember having it at a friend's home one Christmas when I was about 10. I made this as soon as I found it, as soon as I could cut and taste it, I was 10 years old again. Easy to make, just have to have patience for it to get "just right".
an easier conversion for recipe in metric (europe) is quarter cup butter and one and one eighth sugar.
workd for me. also make sure you cool and stir it long enough.. and beat it a littel with spoon before putting it in dish.
it is not supposed to be hard but also not runny. just smoothy creamy toffee. yum