Simply Chris's Note:
These cookies are a "must-have" at Christmas with our family. My mom used to roll them into nice little crescent shapes but I usually roll them into balls. I posting here in order not to lose the recipe...it's scribbled on a piece of scrap paper right now.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Cream butter, sugar and almond extract.
- 3Gradually stir in flour and salt.
- 4Add nuts and stir until well blended.
- 5Roll dough into teaspoon sized balls.
- 6Place on greased cookie sheet.
- 7BAke at 400 for 10-12 minutes, or until bottoms are light golden color.
- 8While still hot roll cookies in additional powdered sugar. I usually roll them at least 2 times.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Russian Tea Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (719 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.5
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 52.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 1.0 g