Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
1001 Low Fat Vegetarian
Make and share this Russian Cabbage Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 7 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 6 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 4 large beets, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 turnip, cubed
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- salt and pepper
- 8 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- finely chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Sauté onions in butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock, tomatoes, cabbage, beets and vinegar. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes; add carrots, turnip, and potato and cook 15 minutes longer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour soup into bowls; spoon 1 tablespoon sour cream into each and sprinkle with parsley.