1/3 Photos of Runza
1 hr 20 mins
Jen Wiehl's Note:
Anyone from Nebraska should know this recipe. I got this particular one from the Minnesotans for Nebraska website. If you don't know what a Runza is, I suggest you either get on the next plane to Nebraska or make this recipe! Prep time differs on how you make your bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw two loaves of frozen bread dough or make the equivalent amount using your favorite bread recipe.
- 2While dough thaws, make the filling.
- 3Brown the hamburger and drain, then return to pan.
- 4Add cabbage and onion and cook down.
- 5Salt and pepper to taste (1 tsp pepper recommended).
- 6Let dough rise, then punch down and roll a portion to 1/4" thickness.
- 7Cut into 4" x 8" pieces and add about 1/2 cup meat mixture to each.
- 8Fold dough pieces over and seal the edges, then place seam-side-down on a greased cookie sheet.
- 9Let rise 20-30 minutes, then bake in pre-heated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until brown.
- 10Call Nebraska natives not in attendance and gloat (taunting not advised).
Nutritional Facts for Runza
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.8
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Sodium 64.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 16.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: