1/1 Photo of Rumbledethumps
Similar to Colcannon, this is a Scottish dish. It can be made well in advance and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before baking. It's very easy and inexpensive to make. Even my husband, who hates cabbage, loves it in this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter an 8 cup baking dish.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Cook cabbage in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 2 minutes.
- 4Using a slotted spoon, transfer cabbage to a bowl.
- 5Return water to a boil and add potatoes.
- 6Cook until tender.
- 7Drain and return potatoes to the pot.
- 8Add butter and mash potatoes.
- 9Mix in chives and then cabbage.
- 10Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 11Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
- 12Sprinkle with cheese.
- 13Bake about 35 minutes until cheese bubbles.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rumbledethumps
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.1
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 47.8 mg
- Sodium 122.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 7.8 g