Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This is a "no-chicken liver" Rumaki.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans water chestnuts, halved
- 1 (12 ounce) can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 1 1⁄2 lbs thick-sliced bacon, slices halved
- 1 (20 ounce) jar chutney
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the water chestnuts and bacon in half.
- Layer one water chestnut half and one pineapple chunk atop each bacon.
- Wrap bacon slices around water chestnut and pineapple; secure with toothpicks.
- Place on broiler rack, allowing fat to drain while baking.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Turn each piece and bake an additional 20 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from oven.
- Dip each piece in the chutney.
- Reserved pineapple juice may be used to thin chutney.
- Place all pieces on a well-greased baking sheet and bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
- Note: Can freeze after first baking.
- Freezes well up to 2 months.
- Thaw before dipping in chutney.
- Proceed with final baking of 20 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Yummm! Love rumaki! I made some with the dreaded liver and some without and they were a big hit. The ones with the chicken liver I poached the liver and it worked well. Thanks again S'kat!