Recipe by BakinBaby
This is a combination of various sticky buns recipes, but is mostly influenced by "Rum Rich Sticky Buns" from The Silver Palate Goodtimes Cookbook. The dough recipe is made in the Bread Maker, or you could improvise a KitchenAid Sweet Dough recipe. These rolls are so rich and full of rum flavor, they are sure to please. Overnight and dough procces time is not included.
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (optional)
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup rum
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans (coarsley chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk and butter in microwave for about 45 seconds.
- Add dough ingredients into bread machine per mfg. instructions, process on dough cycle.
- When dough is almost done, combine filling ingredients in food processor, blend until well combined.
- Remove dough from machine, place on lightly floured board, let rest 5 min., then roll into a 12x15 rectangle, springle dough with filling and press into dough with a rolling pin, roll up dough as tightly as possible jelly roll style.
- Combine topping ingredients in a small saucepan, heat to just warm.
- Pour topping mix into a 9x13 pan, that has been buttered bottom and sides.
- Cut dough crosswise into 1" slices, arrange in rows of three, over topping, leaving, some room for the buns to rise, 15 rolls should fit perfectly.
- Cover buns with plastic wrap and allow to set overnight.
- Next morning; Place rolls in an oven, that is turned off. Fill a shallow pan 2/3 full of boiling water and set on the rack below the rolls, close door, let rise until puffy, approximately 30 min., remove rolls and water.
- Preheat oven to 350, when oven is ready, placer rolls on the middle rack, back until golden brown, about 30 minute.
- Remove from oven, place another baking sheet or pan over that, flip buns over.
- Let the buns cool at least 20-30 minute before serving.