Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A different pie that I'm sure you'll love.
Make and share this Rum, Raisin and Pecan Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prick pie shell with fork.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 430 degrees F.
- Combine sugar, raisins, half and half and butter in small saucepan and bring to simmer over medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually beat hot sugar mixture into yolks in large bowl.
- Stir in pecans, rum, lemon juice, vanilla and salt.
- Pour filling into crust Bake 15 minutes and reduce oven temperature to 375F.
- Continue baking until puffed and golden, 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
This pie had a wonderful flavor, and fairly simple to make. I used your sour cream pie crust which we really enjoyed. It was very light and flaky. I think if I make this again I'll decrease the amount of raisins. Thanks for posting.