Recipe by Dreamgoddess
Can't take a trip to the islands? Let your imagination carry you there when you serve this bread! Try it warm from the oven drizzled with honey for a delightful treat.
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
DELICIOUS and what a wicked way to make cornbread. We so enjoyed it on our journey to the deserted island for ZWT5. Will be making more today as the family got into it before pics. Thank you Dreamgoddess. EXCELLENT
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rum extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease an 8" square pan.
- Combine the milk, butter, rum and eggs in a large bowl; whisk until well mixed.
- Add in remaining ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Spread in the greased pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, or until done.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.