MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Pineapple is the surprise ingredient in this Caribbean-style cornbread! Originally from a food section newspaper article about a restaurant in Anguilla. It's delicious with ham and will go well with summer barbeques!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned cream-style corn
- 1⁄2 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup mild white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Butter and flour a 9-inch square glass cake pan (you can use a metal pan but the recipe states that glass works better).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar.
- While mixer is running, add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add corn, pineapple and cheese; mix to blend.
- At low speed, add flour mixture and mix until well blended.
- Pour batter into pan and bake until golden brown around edges and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I loved this recipe. I used Jiffy cornbread mix as directed then add a half a can of creamed corn , half can of crushed pineapple the small can and it turned out great. I even made a pineapple honey butter to go with the muffins I used 2 soften sticks of butter some honey , nutmeg,cinnamon and the rest of the pineapple make sure and drain pineapple really good for the butter. This was really good I think it would be good with green chilies added to it also.Reply
You need only look at the ingredients to know this is more cake than bread... which is exactly why its so awesome. I've served this a few times, and nobody puts butter on it. Its just so soft and tasty on its own. I tend to prepare this a few hours in advance, put in the cooking dish and then just turn the oven on an hour before we are going to it. Its truly best served very fresh.Reply