Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Rum Baked Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 709.77 ml navy beans, cooked
- 59.14 ml light molasses
- 14.79-29.58 ml soy sauce (or to taste)
- 1 onion
- 14.79 ml prepared mustard
- 29.58 ml rum
- Chop onion and saute until soft.
- Combine with all the other ingredients, including a little of the water from cooking the beans.
- Bake, covered at 350F for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
I also took the shortcut with canned beans, drained most of the liquid off, and finished according to the recipe. Very good and so easy to put together. Made for Cooking With Spirits, a tag game.
These beans were wonderful but I took liberties with the recipe! I started out with a tin of baked beans, added 1 tsp Soy sauce, 1 tbsp molasses, 1 small onion sauted and of course, 2 tbsp rum (no mustard). Mixed it all together, poured it into a casserole dish baked at 350 1 hour - perfecto Thanks Troy even if I did shortcut a bit!