Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Baking sheets sprayed with vegetable spray.
- In bowl, combine flour and sugar.
- Cut in margarine until crumbly.
- Add yogurt and water, and mix until combined.
- Roll into a smooth ball, wrap and place in refrigerator for 30 min.
- Put brown sugar, raisins, chocolate chips, cocoa and cinnamon in food processor; process until crumbly, approx.
- 20 secs.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll one portion into a rectangle of 1/4 inch (5mm) thickness on a well-floured surface.
- Sprinkle half of the filling on top of the dough rectangle.
- Roll up tightly, long end to long end, jelly-roll fashion; pinch ends together, Cut into 1-inch (2. 5cm) thick pieces; some filling will fall out.
- Place on baking sheets cut side up.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- With the back of a spoon or your fingers, gently flatten each cookie.
- Bake for 25 mins, turning the cookies over at the halfwy mark (12 1/2 min).
These are SO GOOD! I made them for my holiday cookie platter and they went pretty fast, once people tasted them. I had no problems with the dough or anything else like I thought I might. I'll keep these in my cookie files. Thanks for sharing!